Touch ID sensor on your iOS device reads your fingerprint and unlocks the device. You can also use it to authorize purchases from the iTunes Store, App Store, and iBooks Store.
Follow these steps:
- Go to Settings > Touch ID & Passcode
Note: To set up Touch ID, you must first set a passcode for additional security validation.
- Make sure that the Home button and your finger are clean and dry.
- Hold your device as you normally would when touching the Home button
- Touch your finger to the Home button (don't press it) and hold it there until you feel a quick vibration or until you're asked to lift your finger.
- Continue to lift and rest your finger slowly, making small adjustments to the position of your finger each time.
- After the initial scan completes, you'll be asked to adjust your grip to capture the edges of your fingerprint.
- Follow the instructions on the screen until Touch ID is set up.