When you configure your email account on your iOS device, you may want to add additional outgoing mail servers. Depending on your ISP, you may not be able to use the default outgoing SMTP server when using certain Wi-Fi or cellular networks.
Follow these steps:
- Touch Settings > Mail, Contacts, Calendars.
- Touch the Mail account for which you would like to change the settings. If you’ve configured your account using any of the built-in presets, IMAP, or Exchange, you may need to touch Account Info on the following screen.
- On the Account Info screen, locate the Outgoing Mail Server section and touch the existing SMTP entry. A list of SMTP servers will appear with the Primary Server and Other SMTP Servers.
- Touch Add Server… under Other SMTP Servers.
- Enter the additional SMTP server information.
- Touch Save.