You can secure your Android device by setting a screen lock. Each time you turn on your device or wake up the screen, you’ll be asked to unlock your device.
Follow these steps:
- Open Settings.
- Under "Personal," touch Security.
- Under "Screen security," touch Screen lock. If you’ve already set a lock, you’ll need to enter the pattern, PIN, or password before you can choose a different lock.
- You can choose from the following screen locks:
- None: Select this option if you don’t want a lock screen. It provides no protection, but lets you get to the Home screen quickly.
- Slide: Slide your finger across the screen to unlock your device.
- Pattern: Pattern lets you draw a simple pattern with your finger to unlock the device.
- PIN: PIN requires four or more numbers.
- Password: Password requires four or more letters or numbers. This is the most secure option.