If your Android device has mobile data, you can turn it into a portable Wi-Fi hotspot for up to 10 other devices, such as a laptop.
Follow these steps:
- Go to Settings.
- Under "Wireless & networks," touch More.
- Touch Tethering & portable hotspot.
- Turn on the switch next to "Portable Wi-Fi hotspot." When the option is turned on, you'll see one of the following notifications:
- Portable Wi-Fi hotspot active
- Multiple tethering or hotspot connections active
- Touch the notification, then touch Set up Wi-Fi hotspot.
- You can choose a new name for the hotspot in the "Network SSID" field. If you want a different password, enter a new one in the "Password" field. If you don’t want security, choose None under "Security."
- Touch Save.
- On the other device that you want to use the Wi-Fi hotspot on, select this network from the list of Wi-Fi options and enter the password to connect to the Internet.
- To stop the hotspot, uncheck the box or turn off the switch next to "Portable Wi-Fi hotspot" in the Settings menu.