"Ok Google" is a hotword that tells the Google app that you’re ready to start using your voice. You want to use "Ok Google" from any screen on your Android device running Android 4.4 or higher.
Follow these steps:
- Ensure you have the latest version of the Google app.
- Open the Google app .
- In the top left corner of the app, touch the Menu icon.
- Go to Settings.
- Go to Voice.
- Touch "Ok Google" detection.
- Check the boxes next to "From Google app" and "From any screen."
- Follow the instructions to teach Google what your voice sounds like.