When you try to open a Microsoft Office PowerPoint 2007 attachment in Windows Mail in Windows Vista, it results in the following error message:
“This file does not have a program associated with it for performing this action. Create an association in the Set Associations control panel.”
To resolve this issue, follow these steps.
- Make sure that PowerPoint is installed on the computer.
- Go to Start , and then click Control Panel.
- Open Default Programs, and then click the Associate File Type or Protocol with a Program option.
- In the File Types list, search for the file type and the extension of the file that you want to open. If it exists, select the file type.
- Click Change Program:
- Select Microsoft Office PowerPoint, if it is in the list.
- If it is not in the list, click Browse, and then locate the file path for Powerpoint.
- Click OK.