When you open the list of Recent Places in Backstage view in Microsoft Word 2010, in Microsoft Excel 2010, or in Microsoft PowerPoint 2010, you cannot alter the number of places to list in Recent Places.
To resolve this issue, you must change the registry to indicate the number of places to list in Recent Places.
To do this, follow these steps:
- Close all Office programs.
- Go to Start, click Run, type regedit, and then click OK.
- FInd and then click to select one of the following registry subkeys:
- After you select the subkey that is specified in step 3, right-click Max Display, and then click Modify.
- Click Decimal, and in the Value data box, type a number to represent the number of places that you want to list in Recent Places, and then click OK.
- Repeat steps 3 through 5 for each Office program for which you want to alter the number of places that you want to list in Recent Places.
- In the File menu, click Exit to exit Registry Editor.